The study rooms of the Harris County Public Libraries may be used by the general public during the regular hours that the library is open. Individuals and groups must vacate the meeting room 15 minutes before closing time. The study rooms may be reserved by one or more people.
- Advance registration requests can be submitted no more than one (1) week in advance.
- Rooms may be reserved for two (2) hour blocks, with an option to extend if the room is not booked.
- To ensure equitable use of library facilities, the library reserves the right to limit usage no more than three (3) hours per day.
- Use must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the study room.
- If the representative of the group who has reserved a room fails to check in with the library staff within fifteen (15) minutes of the start of the reservation, the library may, at its discretion, cancel the reservation.
Failure to follow this policy may result in the loss of future reservation and use privileges. In publicizing a meeting to be held in a library meeting room, the sponsoring group must be clearly identified. Groups must not imply library sponsorship of their program or organization, or include the library’s contact information in their publicity. Permission to use a public gathering place does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of the program or point of view expressed.
By clicking Continue, I confirm that I have read and will comply with the Harris County Public Library’s Study Room Policy.